November 21, 2005

Youngblood at the Movies

So this weekend I went to see the new, non-Pixar, Disney Animated film, Chicken Little. This particular movie has gotten some pretty bad press lately, and I don’t know why. The critics looked at it from a film standpoint. They said that it wasn’t a “good” movie. So critically it was torn to shit. Honestly though, it did really lack in the story department. Not a whole lot there. Also, instead of Disney making musicals that had Oscar worthy songs performed in it, Chicken Little just had a bunch of montages using popular songs. So it did have its negative points as far as the making of the film goes.

However, what’s best about Chicken Little doesn’t lie in its technical aspects. The film does the job that it sets out to do: it entertains the audience that it’s geared towards. In this case little kids, and hell even I was entertained by it. It was a fun movie. A perfect piece of proof comes from what I witnessed in the theater while watching it. There was a little girl sitting in the row in front of us, probably 4 or 5 years old, and she was having a blast watching it. I don’t remember the last time I heard a kid laugh that much. Also, at one point in the movie Chicken Little's dad is disapointed in him, followed by the obligatory, sad walking away scene. At this point in the whoel theater was silent (all 10 of us), and the little girl in front of us looked up at her mom and said, in the cutest voice ever, "Mommy. I love you". I think the whole theater got a little chocked up when the heard that. Thus, once again proving that it doesn’t matter what Ebert and Roeper or some other numb nuts thinks, what matters is what the audience takes away from the experience and how the film affects them. Just because some critic doesn’t like a movie doesn’t mean that it has to be shit to everyone else.

So I’m giving Chicken Little 3 ¾ * out of 5.

Youngblood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

Whatever happened to Tony and his blog????

and what's with you blogspotters and your word verification???? i don't get it.

Danny Smandych said...

word verification stops spam, which is fucking annoying, from being put into our comments

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see! That makes sense.....I dont get spam....I must be lucky.

thanks for your explanation!