May 20, 2005

These kids today

Ok, here's what I don't get...What is with kids today? Now I realize that I'm only 19 myself, but I was just at a party that was probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Now...the May Long Weekend is supposed to be a time for partying...that's it, that's all...as far as I'm concerned. And there's nothing wrong with high school kids getting in on that. As a matter of fact, it's probably the best time for high schoolers to learn how to party right. Make plans so you won't get caught. Learn those lessons that can be passed down, and used the following years to avoid police and in the case I experienced tonight C.O.'s.

But if tonight's experience proved anything, these kids haven't learnt anything. Were they not listening when these fables and legends of the past were told? No, I don't think they were, because when my two comrades and I pulled up to, what we thought would be just a small gathering in a campsite, was actually more close to a mosh pit in the middle of the street. We pulled up and I asked "Is Pearl Jam playing at one of these campsites, because this is fucking stupid". Do these kids not know that you are supposed to have several small party's spread out all over the place and people move around from party to party. In my experience that's the way it's supposed to be, at least for this particular weekend.

I know that I learnt from the mistakes of the past. I learnt from the legends and so did others, and there was peace and if authority figures of some kind had to become involved I had nothing to do with it and neither did the people I was with. Only the people who hadn't learned the lessons were. But it was never anything like this....I have never seen anything like this on a may long weekend at the Madge Lake campground....all you can say is that it was utter insanity...that's about it...maybe add a "fuck" in there somewhere...that's it.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the may Long Weekend stupidity. A grand tradition!! Anyone get banned from the park forever?