September 20, 2005

Youngblood at the Movies

So I finally saw the last of the Star Wars prequels. If you have read my review of Episode II, you would know that I’m not too horribly fond of these prequels especially Attack of the Clones. There really wasn’t much good I could say about it. However, I did enjoy this installment quite a bit. Hayden Christensen is still a shitty actor, and that can’t be overlooked, but overall it’s a good movie. It ties the trilogies together, and although the story seems rushed, it does the job of telling the story that so many wanted to know. We all knew how it would end; we just wanted to know how that ending came to be.

Once again all the lightsaber battles are there. Obi-Wan, Anikin, and Mace Windu once again have their moments to shine. This time, however, I didn’t hate Yoda’s fighting. I don’t know what it was, but I did like it more. Maybe it was because Yoda looked better, or maybe that it was set up differently and didn’t stand out in the film as much as it did in Episode II. Whatever the case may be, I did like it a lot more.

I also did enjoy seeing how it all played out and how everything connected. I got my answer to why C-3PO didn’t know Obi-Wan and why R2-D2 did (and it was quite simple really. Although it didn’t make much sense, it was an easy answer never the less). I liked seeing Chewbacca, it kind of explains why he never said anything about Han Solo’s remarks about the Force. Also, the lava planet was there just as expected. It was said in the Expanded Star Wars Universe a long time ago, that it was there that Obi-Wan and Anikin had their battle there, and I’m glad that they never changed it.

Overall it was a good movie. It was far superior to the preceding episodes (and much more violent I must add). It seems like George Lucas just had to get the crap out of his system in the first two movies and then he could make a quality film. I’m giving Star Wars – Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, 3 ½ out of 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Your Web Poll

Who the fuck is in the "Frat Pack" and why am I not cool enough to have ever heard that term before?????

Am I really that old and out of touch? Did they really have to rip off the Brat Pack of my youth???

Help Me.

Danny Smandych said...

Re: My Web Poll

The Frat pack is Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrel, The Wilson Brothers, Ben Stiller and all those guys who are in each others movies