September 25, 2005

Youngblood at the Movies

So I just watched The 40-Year-Old-Virgin. I don’t even know where to start with this one. I can’t remember many moments when I wasn’t laughing during this movie. Steve Carell was hilarious as Andy, the title character. He didn’t do it all alone though, he had the help of Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Romany Malco; Andy’s friends who, after finding out he’s a 40 Year Old Virgin, embark an a mission to get their friend laid. In their quest though they all learn something about themselves that isn’t really important to the plot and doesn’t even come close to being sappy anywhere, just hilarious.

The cast is kind of like an offshoot of the Frat Pack (Vaughn, the Wilson’s, Stiller, Ferell if you didn’t read the Episode III comments). Those guys have made some of my favorite movies, and pretty much everyone in Anchorman, is in The 40-Year-Old Virgin. So here’s to hoping that another Frat Pack springs up out of this movie.

The writing on this movie was great. However, all the great lines were just as good as the physical comedy in the movie. The fact that Steve Carell actually had all that hair waxed off his chest (you can see it in the trailers if you haven’t seen the movie already) and that all his reactions are real, is pretty cool I think.

There really isn’t much I can say here to do the film justice. Just see it, and see what I mean. I realize that may seem like a cheap excuse to get out of talking about a movie...but I really don't know what I could say that would express my feelings enough. So, I’m giving it 4 juice boxes out of 5. (Sorry I don’t have a symbol for a juice box…I’m working on it)

Youngblood

No comments: