January 02, 2006

A letter to gun nuts

First off read the article contained in the following link :

Gun Owners Take Aim at MTV Documentary

If you were too lazy to read it or figured I would explain it in the post (you were right on that one), the article says that a bunch of Gun Nuts got all offended by a recent episode of MTV's "True Life", which focused on gun owners. They're complaining that 50% of the people showcased on the program were involved in crime. To those offended I say, "go fuck yourself".

Now don't get me wrong, I know it sucks to be associated with certain practices solely based on your hobbies or interests. I wouldn't like to be associated with crime just because I happen to collect guns. It's the same as ow I don't think it's fair that, I am a nerd because I like comics. However, I have accepted the fact that tehre are a lot of serious nerds out there and the might just make up the majority of the comic reader population. I've accepted it; I live with it; I've put a positive spin on it. I'm not just a nerd; I'm a cool nerd, who has a life.

These Gun Nuts have to do the same thing. yes, there are some people out there that shed a negative light on your particular hobby. you know what? Suck it up! You have to have one if you are going to have the other; dark to have light; evil to have good. The show did just that. It showed both sides of the coin the positive side and the dark side. What the Gun Nuts are asking for is to glamourize themselves rather than show the world two different sides to a subject.

So to the Gun Nuts I say:

Instead of complaining about it, just try make yourself sound better and more positive, while still showing the other side of reality. All you're doing by whining about it is making yourselves look like a bunch of dinks. Face the fact that there are people out there that do terrible things with guns , and instead of trying to separate yourselves from these villains-of-your-cause, try advocating safe gun use. Maybe you'll change a few minds, instead of turning people away by critisizing them. You don't gain friends by talking shit about people. It just doesn't work that way. But I guess you wouldn't want them in your little club anyway. They're probably not good enough for you; not high class enough. Because you know....you guys are all so classy. Oh, by the way, I've been meaning to ask: Haveyou moved into that new double-wide yet? I know you've had your heart set on it ever since the wheels fell off of your last house.

Youngblood

note: Youngblood had no intention of offending people who live in trailers with that last remark. Only Gun nuts who live in trailers. The rest of you are cool.

No comments: