January 05, 2006

What I'll do on my semester off

Now that I have decided to take a semester off from school, people often ask me what I’m going to do with my time. My main goal is to just get a job and make some money doing what ever I’m going to do, and I just want to relax and chill out. However, that doesn’t mean I won’t be doing anything else. Now that I have this free time I think I’ll finally be able to get around to doing some things I’ve been itching to do for a while. Here they are:

Read Moby Dick: Call me Ishmiel, but I think this could actually be a pretty good read. If not, it’ll at least kill some time. The worst that can happen is the inevitable barrage of “what the fuck”-esque questions.

Get my hands on a flux capacitor: This one’s already in the works. Stay tuned to a future post for more details.

Generate 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity: Needed in conjunction with the flux capacitor, 1.21 gigawatts is the required amount of electricity to travel through time, if you follow the Dr. Emmett Brown theory. One can use plutonium, or perhaps a lightning bolt to generate such a charge. The lighting bolt requires some serious timing to focus it into the flux capacitor, but the plutonium can be just as difficult to acquire. I’m hoping that I can get a great enough charge out of banging two spoons together really fast.

Bust a ghost: If I can’t find a job I can just do this. You always need something to fall back on. I just need to get my hands on one of those proton packs and I’m laughing. The only problems might stem from the copyright lawsuit form the makers of Ghostbusters.

Dodge a bullet: If Keanu can do it so can I. ‘Nuff said!

Run for governor of California: Seems like anyone can do it so I figure I might as well throw my name in the hat.

Become benevolent dictator of Duff, Saskatchewan: All citizens of Duff, kneel before your new ruler! A new order is about to begin and the new empire of Duff will eventually expand to the west coast of Canada to the far reaches of Gorlitz in the east. Mwah Ha Ha!!!!

Add “Wine Connoisseur” to my list of bogus hobbies: I claim to do a lot of things that I don’t do, and after watching Sideways I figure I might as well add one more bogus hobby to the list. Like, does anyone honestly believe that I’m a comic book artist or that I’m an animator? Probably not. This one is actually believable.

So that’s about it. I think it’s a pretty big order to fill, but if you think about it some of them can work to speed up the process of others. Being the governor of California can get me into position to take over Duff. And the flux capacitor and the 1.21 gigawatts are part of the same mission. Others would just be cool to do. So wish me luck as I embark on the magical of all mystery tours.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd appreciate! I've been planning to get my nose straightened and this blog seems to be very informative for

people like me that look out for info on

href="http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/non_surgical_nose.html">rhinoplasty