April 04, 2005

How is it any greener on the other side?

To start off the day I’ll give you the answer to Friday’s question. The answer is: des raisins secs. Oh Tony you were close, but not close enough…smart-ass(ah you know I’m just kidding). Now I recently realized that I’m not living up to the “crazy thoughts that run through my head” title. That combined with complaints about not doing decent posts, I’ve decided to return to my old ways, at least for a short time. Maybe this will jumpstart my brain and turn it back on again. So here we go!

Ahhh spring is upon us. Birds are chirping, snow is melting, and grass is getting ready to grow. Sounds pretty good huh? Wrong! Ya birds and the disappearance of snow are good things, but who like to cut the grass?

Now I know what some of you are thinking: “you’re planning on cutting grass as a summer job. Why wouldn’t you want the grass to grow?” Well as far as work goes, I want to the grass to grow, otherwise things get more boring than they already are. But as far as everywhere else is concerned, the grass can stay where it is. They need to invent some kind of grass that doesn’t grow after a certain height. I guess you could just get Astroturf, but it’s just not the same. Some football team’s going to start practicing on your lawn, and that could get annoying. But I guess Astroturf is the only way to go if you don’t want to have to cut grass. I guess you could get some neighbor kid to do it. But then you’d have to pay him and buy gas for the mower. In the long run Astroturf would be more cost effective. Think about it: no paying some kid to cut you’re lawn when you’re too lazy; no gas for the mower; and hell, no mower period. Yup, Astroturf is definitely the way to go, even if you have to put up with “going nowhere” football players. You could have fun with it actually. Heckle them and tell them that they’ll never make it anywhere in their career and that they suck. Someone has to tell them sometime.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, and then you could get grass in different colours too! It'll be the blue grass revolution. And fruity people can get rainbow grass. How great!