February 23, 2005

good old new stuff

So I noticed that they are making new episodes of Mr. Bean. I’m pretty happy about this, because I always kind of liked the show. What’s different this time around is that it’s a cartoon. Now I’m usually the type of guy that always says that the original better and the new version is crap but lately there have been a few shows that have proven me wrong. This new Mr. Bean is no exception. I think that the animated Bean might even be better. The show being a cartoon lets them do as much wacky shit as they want. Before, they always tried to do as much far out crazy shit as they could with the ability of Rowan Atkinson and the budget of the show. But now they can do things that they only dreamed about back then. Now if they want to but a big screen T.V. in Mr. Beans apartment all they have to do is draw it in, but before they had to have an actual T.V. Now they can do way more stuff with Bean. What I also find interesting is that they got Rowan Atkinson to do the voice. Anyone can do that voice. All he does is mumble and say a few words every once in while. But the fact that they got him to do it instead of some other guy shows that they creators really care about they authenticity of it all.

I give this new incarnation of Mr. Bean two thumbs up, and highly recommend it if you just want to shut your brain off for half an hour and have laugh.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mr. Bean! I suppose that I have to have cable to get it, huh?