February 24, 2005

Nothing to talk about

First off I'd like to let Schmutzie know that the animated Mr. Bean is on CBC, so go hard.

So here I am, back at the place I like to call "square one". Believe it or not I have nothing to talk about today. I don't even have anything small to fill in for a day, like Friday's answer to that whole egg dilemma. I'm not taking this too hard though, it's not a tragedy that I have nothing to say, because tonight I'll probably end up writing a few entries like I usually do.

People always worry about not having anything to say. Like if they're out with someone and they have nothing to talk about. What's up with that? Like if they're on a date, and suddenly the conversation just stops. People tend to be distressed by those situations. I think it was put best in by Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, "you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence." Whether it's someone you're in a relationship with or just a buddy or whatever, ain't it the truth? Why do you have to constantly be yammering away at someone, why can't you just shut the fuck up for a second? What's wrong with that? Sure, it's natural for people to want to be talking and be the center of attention, and have people listen to them no matter what stupid shit they have to say, but isn't it good sometimes just to listen to the silence rather than the sound of someone's voice? I don't know maybe it's just me. Or maybe it's me trying to make excuses for my poor conversation skills.

Wait a minute...I found something to talk about today...so today wasn't a complete write off after all...but does this contradict my whole argument? I'm going to say no, and the rest of you can discuss it amongst yourselves.


Youngblood

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said. liked the pulp fiction reference too.

Anonymous said...

think i had an entry about being distressed about having nothing of importance to say for a week. you're right though, i agree with you, and uma thurman.