March 08, 2005

Bus Drivers

Fuck, bus drivers piss me off! I’m at the bus stop yesterday, sitting there on the bench, as clear as day. I see the bus coming, and before he even gets to the intersection, before the stop, I get up and start walking towards the stop. What does he do?! Nothing, except blow right past me, and I see some of the people on the bus looking at me and probably thinking, “Uh hey there’s a guy there”. So I had to wait another half an hour for the next bus. Am I a ghost or something? Can no one see me except a small boy? (It would explain why the elevator door closed into me the other day)

But seriously, what is with these people? I realize that having to deal with weirdo’s all day probably gets to you, but suck it up. It’s part of the job. Then there are those ones who act like they’re the most important people in the world. They talk to the people getting on like they’re the law or something; like their shit don’t stink. Well if you’re so advanced and better than everyone, why the fuck can’t you show up on time?!

Now I want you all to realize that I am talking about city bus drivers only. School bus drivers are a totally different thing. School bus drivers have real shit to deal with. They’re in charge of the youth of the nation for the duration of their ride to school. That’s responsibility. Plus they get to know the kids they’re taking back and forth every day. City bus drivers don’t give a shit about who’s on their bus.

And another thing: school bus drivers don’t have to deal with this “I’m a dime short of fare” shit. I’m sure they’d take that any day. They have do deal with the, “Hey you little bastard! Quit throwing rotten apple cores”, kind of shit. That’ll get to you more than any weirdo

I have a lot to thank my bus driver for. When I was little, I thought he was so mean. He wouldn’t let us walk around or eat on the bus; he was pure evil I tell you. Actually, he was just being responsible. It’s largely because of him that I grew up the way I am. He did more to stop me from acting like a little bastard than any teacher did. So even though he’s probably never going to read this, I say: thanks Al for stopping me from becoming the shithead that I could have been, and not the nerd that I am today.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Half the time, in regina anyways, there is only one bus on one route, and they still blow past you, even though, they very well know that you probably aren't waiting for a different bus, you need to get on their bus. fuckers.

Al was a fucking awesome bus driver, he even let me continue to play music after the horrible morning when the intro to the Violent Femmes greatest hits tape kept looping.....that was funny. swears were pumping through the Pioneer speakers over and over. remember that?