March 15, 2005

On Bullshit

I've been criticized for being a fan of The Daily Show. Not because of its political stance on issues, but just because alot of people don't think its funny. Last night I was watching it dawned on me why I love this show sooooo much. The guest last night was a professor who had just released a new book. Sounds kind of boring doesn't it? Think again. The book was called On Bullshit. It was a 200+ pages book all about the study of bullshit and the people who tell it.

The fact that someone has taken the time to write a book on bullshit is fantastic. I'm actually supprised that I never wrote a post about it. The point I'm trying to make here is that...well I don't know what my point is...I guess I just wanted to say that I love The Daily Show...and oh yeah, last nights show is exactly why I do. It has such wonkey topics and they're right up my alley. And sure they make alot of jokes, but they do ask questions that no other news show does. Most other news shows just report on the news. The fact that they poke fun at the news means that they actually have to pay attention to whats actually going on. Anyone can just go on T.V. and tell the world what happened that day, but to make fun of the world the way they do takes real talent.

Youngblood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it because it is so funny, sometimes I laugh so hard, I snot out my nose. This Week In God, usually does it to me.